Forum:What the heck
|Forum: Home > What the heck|
Why does this exist? Or this? Even UnAnything (the Wikia site I admin on), which is basically yet another Wikimerda/Destruipedia-type Desciclo-clone BUT IN ENGLISH, has its own niche (PG-13 pop-culture humor with some worldbuilding elements), but these 2 Miraheze sites I link to are just complete rip-offs of the Uncyclopedia/UnNews concept, with no distinguishing features. They're just as bad as that so-called Uncyclopedia2. Could someone such as Rhubella or Carlb tell Miraheze staff not to accept any more Uncyclopedia- or Illogicopedia-related wiki requests? KamafaDelgato (talk) 23:40, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- I did not understand your reasoning very much but I will try to explain the case in a simple way each subject treated:
- The two sites Uninspired and The Mirror were created by users of UncycloWikia realizing that Wikia had imposed the new copyright guidelines beyond the skin changes in their wikis, leaving users unhappy by turning the wikis layout into something like a blog These two sites, we have no responsibility, leaving their contributors free to edit there. I do not know if he noticed but there was a vote that by a majority of 1 vote was chosen for the trip to the servants of Athyria / Lyrithya, even having Miraheze among the other choices in the voting.
- The second point is nonsense because they are two projects that have nothing to do with the Brazilian Uncyclopedia itself. Wikimerda was created by a former Uncyclopedia user who noticed that the site's rules were bad for very politicized articles. The English version that should have originated from Wikimerda is called Weirdpedia which is still on Wikia, while the Spanish and Galician versions (being me the successor bureaucrat) came here to avoid a possible closure by the FANDOM administration. The same case applies to Destruipédia, because this site was created in 2007, was eliminated and reborn on Wikia in 2012 with the promise of not getting involved in new fights with the Brazilian community, and these facts neither UnMeta has knowledge. The community even has some articles similar to its original project on Wikia but unfortunately was abandoned in 2013. And for the same reason the Spanish and Galician versions of Wikimerda, I decided to transfer the site to Miraheze creating a bifurcation with the isolated version on Wikia that can disappear any moment.
- We can not interfere where a wiki wants to go from its exit from Wikia. In the case of Uncyclopedias and Illogicopedias we would like to belong to UnMeta but we can not oblige them. If you read the forum that served or still serves as a guide note that some wikis went to Miraheze and others to Lyrithia and the small abandoned uncys were left with a copy. Of course if one community decides to leave UnMeta to another server or a wiki wants to join UnMeta, we will accept their will.
- These are my two cents. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,811 preppiedits 04:44, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Howdy! I'm Roza, I run the wiki Uninspired. The idea of a "parody encyclopedia" is far from unique and subsequently uncopyrightable. I do try to distinguish my wiki from others by having higher standards in content and formatting. Also, check out UnTribune! If you have any other questions and concerns, feel free to message us on our site noticeboard. Roza (talk) 00:12, 19 April 2019 (UTC)